“Talk About Good!” has been upgraded from a plastic binding to a concealed wire. The new reinforced binding increases durability and allows the books to lay flat when opened. None of the beloved recipes have been changed.
The original cookbook from Cajun Country, this first Junior League of Lafayette cookbook takes you on a journey through south Louisiana’s traditions, cultural heritage and culinary artistries of Cajun food. This versatile cookbook starts with a “roux” and ends with a Gumbo!
“Talk About Good!,” first published in 1967, is now in its 30th printing, with over 775,000 copies sold. This timeless classic is a must for all great cooks – 450 pages, hard-cover with concealed wire and over 1200 cross indexed recipes!
Walter S. McIllhenny Hall of Fame Award, 2003 Favorite Recipes Press (FRP) Sales Award, Recognized by In Style Magazine as the National Treasure from the state of Louisiana (2003).
Our Junior League of Lafayette cookbooks hold so many treasured recipes. Here are a few featured recipes from “Talk About Good!” for you to try. Enjoy!
Note: Some of the above links are in PDF format. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader or other program to view them.
Talkin’ About “Talk About Good!”
“Talk About Good!” is a classic; even Southern Living agrees! “Talk About Good!” made Southern Living’s top 14 list of The Most Famous and Cherished Community Cookbooks.
The Washington Post explained about “Talk About Good!,” “‘If you look back, there were thousands of community cookbooks like this published, but there are only a few that have kept on and on,’ said Alison Kelly, a research specialist and culinary expert at the Library of Congress. ‘It’s pretty unique and confirms a lot of things we know about food traditions in Louisiana.'”
Here’s what others are saying about it:
- “I have an original green cover cookbook. It has traveled far with me and is very worn with love.” Barbara McFarland from Houston, TX
- “I love Cajun food and have been wanting a good Cajun cookbook. Found out about this one in today’s Washington Post. Looking forward to trying out the recipes!” Robert Van Doren from Philadelphia, PA
- “I read about this amazing cookbook in an article in the 8/23/2017 Denver Post. I have to have it and am ordering another one for my friend who has relocated to Denver from Jackson, Mississippi. Can’t wait to start cookin’!” Karen Harrison from Greenwood Village, CO
- “Read about this book in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. The recipes sound wonderful and I especially love the history behind the recipes. Cannot wait to get this book! Thank you.” Ellen Johnston from Center Ridge, AR
- “Thank you! Can’t wait to try some great Cajun recipes finally! Read about this in our local newspaper!” Kay McGehee from Little Rock, AR
- “We were thrilled to read the Washington Post article. We’re fond followers of all things Louisiana and have kin living in Natchitoches. We wish the League continued success with your many charitable endeavors. This fine cookbook will be a gift for my husband Don’s 69th birthday on September 14….., Forever young.” Juanita Zientara from Arlington,VA
Purchase Your Copy Today!
*The Price of “Talk About Good!” will increase effective May 23, 2022.