We upgraded Tell Me More from a plastic comb binding to a concealed wire. The new reinforced binding increases durability and allows the books to lay flat when opened. None of the beloved recipes have been changed.
A cookbook spiced with Cajun traditions and food memories, Tell Me More is bursting with recipes and stories chronicling Cajun ways, past and present. You’ll learn to make great dishes using basic pantry items, by following recipes from legendary Cajun cooks and those of a new generation. The book features prints by the late world renowned Cajun artist Floyd Sonnier.
Tell Me More first published in 1993, is now celebrating its 21st year in print and fifth reprint with nearly 70,000 copies sold. 221 pages, hard cover with concealed wire. Over 264 taste-tested and cross-indexed recipes.
Winner of the 1994 Southern Regional Tabasco Community Cookbook Award.
Note: Some of the above links are in PDF format. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader or other program to view them.
Celebrating Over 25 Years of Tell Me More
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Tell Me More (in 2018), we thought we would “tell you more” about Junior League of Lafayette’s third cookbook! Here are some fun facts about the award-winning book:
- Tell Me More went from idea to print in just one year.
- Nearly 70,000 copies of Tell Me More have been sold and the book has been reprinted three times.
- Tell Me More was the winner of the 1994 Southern Regional Tabasco Community Cookbook Award.
- Floyd Sonnier, renowned Cajun artist, provided the illustrations found within Tell Me More.
- Tell Me More was the first community cookbook that the publisher created on a computer. Before Tell Me More, the publisher was still creating books by hand or using a typewriter.
Tell Me More continues to be a household favorite, and Junior League of Lafayette looks forward to many more years with this great cookbook!