“Tell Me More,” first published in 1993, is now celebrating its 29th year in print and 5th reprint with over 74,000 copies sold. This cookbook features 221 pages including a hard cover with concealed wire and over 264 taste-tested and cross-indexed recipes.
Winner of the 1994 Southern Regional Tabasco Community Cookbook Award.
Note: Some of the above links are in PDF format. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader or other program to view them.
Celebrating Over 25 Years of “Tell Me More”
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of “Tell Me More” (in 2018), we thought we would “tell you more” about Junior League of Lafayette’s third cookbook! Here are some fun facts about the award-winning book:
- “Tell Me More” went from idea to print in just one year.
- Nearly 70,000 copies of “Tell Me More” have been sold and the book has been reprinted three times.
- “Tell Me More” was the winner of the 1994 Southern Regional Tabasco Community Cookbook Award.
- Floyd Sonnier, renowned Cajun artist, provided the illustrations found within “Tell Me More.”
- “Tell Me More” was the first community cookbook that the publisher created on a computer. Before “Tell Me More,” the publisher was still creating books by hand or using a typewriter.
“Tell Me More” continues to be a household favorite, and Junior League of Lafayette looks forward to many more years with this great cookbook!