How to Support Tinsel & Treasures
Geaux MAD – Go Make a Difference
We invite you to support Junior League of Lafayette’s Mission by making a gift of any size. Your gift affirms your dedication to train our members and continue our community programming.
One of the ways Junior League of Lafayette raises money to further our Mission, support our community programs, and fund grants awarded to nonprofit agencies is through Tinsel & Treasures holiday market. You can purchase your ticket for our 29th Annual Tinsel & Treasures here. If you can’t make our in-person market, below are a few contribution ideas.
- $15 donation – one ticket to Tinsel & Treasures general market
- $35 donation – one ticket to Preferred Shopping
- $250 Supporter Level Sponsorship with recognition in Junior League of Lafayette materials.*
- $500 Contributor Level Sponsorship with recognition in Junior League of Lafayette materials.*
*For more details on these sponsorship levels and other sponsorship opportunities, please CLICK HERE or contact Sponsorship Chair Jena Dufrene or Step-Up Chair Erica Precht at email@example.com.
Below are a few examples of our community programs and how your gift supports our community.
- NO FEAR NO FUTURE is a program that allows us to touch one of the most impressionable groups of people — our teenage drivers. To date, over 10,000 Lafayette Parish students have participated in this educational, two-day initiative that exposes high school juniors and seniors to the realities and consequences of driving while impaired. Since 2003, high school students across our city have participated in a mock crash scene, which includes realistic equipment, emergency responders, guest speakers, and an overnight retreat. This experience brings the consequences of distracted and impaired driving to life.
- Our SMILES committee Back-to-School project is just one of the many events our SMILES committee does all year long. Committee members gather school supplies for more than 100 students to help relieve financial and emotional strain for families with a parent or child fighting cancer.
- Low-income families are impacted by the financial cost of diapers, as government assistance programs typically do not cover this cost. Partnering with several local community organizations, Junior League of Lafayette’s Diaper Bank helps to assist those families in need.
- Junior League of Lafayette’s Collaborative Opportunity Grants provide local nonprofits with direct and indirect resources, namely financial contributions and volunteer hours, to expand upon the impact these organizations make in our community.